Business Acquisitions & Preparing Your Business For Sale
We specialise in assisting our clients through the highly complicated process of buying and selling a business.
The process of acquiring a business is an event that may happen only 2 or 3 times through-out our business lives.
Our specialist services during purchase generally incorporate:
- Review of initial information provided by selling agent and vendor and advising in relation to further information requirements.
- Sensitivity analysis and calculation of sales turnover and margins for breakeven points and desired return on investment.
- Choosing the appropriate business structure (having regard to your existing circumstances, on-going asset protection, income tax and capital gains tax considerations).
- In conjunction with your legal advisors, advising in relation to appropriate contract conditions to ensure your interests are protected through-out the purchase phase.
- Undertaking due diligence and financial verification reviews and provision of detailed report.
- Finance review and liaising with finance provider(s) in relation thereto.
Post Purchase Phase
Once the business has been secured, we can assist in ensuring accounting and information systems are in place and can provide timely, relevant financial information. In this respect, we can assist you in:
- Set up and implementation of accounting systems
- Identification of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that drive the business
- Implementing systems to benchmark and measure KPI’s
- Formulation of monthly management reporting frameworks incorporating comparative analysis, industry benchmarks and budgets
- Formulation of business budgets
- Assistance in compiling management reporting as required
Preparing Your Business For Sale
The process of selling a business is not generally an everyday event for an SME operator.
To assist you in maximizing your return from the sale, our specialist services include:
- Undertaking a pre sale review of the business including review of trading results and underlying support systems and processes.
- Preparation of Information Memorandum for use by prospective purchasers incorporating business background, trading data, area and competitor analysis and key points of difference in relation to your business.
- Preparation of Profit and Loss Statements (with multiple period comparatives) and supporting notes having regard to requirements set down by standard conditions of sale.
- In conjunction with your legal team, advising in relation to appropriate contract conditions to ensure your interests are protected through-out the purchase phase.
- Liaising with the purchaser’s Accountant in relation to provision of relevant information in assisting them in their due diligence enquiries.